Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Charlotte!


Two years ago today at 4:47am, I woke up in labor. Shortly after, my water broke, green was not a great sign for our plans. We hopped in the car to head to the hospital, and you tried to come in the passenger seat of our Honda. After the longest 10 minute walk of my life, you were born perfectly and posterior in a triage bed at 6:23am. You were 7 lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long. Perfect in every way!





Being my fifth birth, you'd think it would be routine, second nature, same old scene. Of course it wasn't. There is nothing more miraculous than that moment when you bring another part of you into the world. Just when you think you can't possibly love anyone else with the same passion you already give, there they are, and somehow you love them just the same.

I can't wait to watch you grow into the beautiful woman I know you will be. Happy 2nd Birthday to my beautiful, sweet, silly, loving Charlotte Johannah!



No comments: