Friday, June 5, 2009

Yard Sale

Our block club has organized a block sale for tomorrow and so I am having a yard sale in the morning. I am actually kinda excited about it. It will be a crazy amount of work and I may not make much money, but it will be fun I think. I am not usually a huge people person, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I went through all the kids clothes and their toys. I went through all of my craft items. Yarn, needles, patterns, fabric, notions, you name it. I need to pear down, but it was HARD. I love yarn too much! Come on over if you're in the neighborhood! 8am-1pm and you can also hit the Woodruff Place sale before or after!

After this weekend I am really going to try and focus on making my items for the Feasts of Lanterns in August. We usually get a booth and I hope to have more in it this year. I have always wanted to use my sewing to bring in a little income, but I have never known where to start. I think I am going to try baby items and I have a lot of knitted dishcloths that are finished except for weaving in the ends. My least favorite part! I'd also like to do doll quilts or something like that. I'm just never sure what "market" to target. I guess I have a little time to think about it, but then I have to crack down!

No comments: