Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Sophia

Five years ago this very evening I was cuddling the cutest little baby girl I had ever seen. I didn't have the slightest clue what to do with her, but she was mine and I loved her.
Sophia Jade was born September 12, 2003 at 1:02 in the afternoon and
weighed in at 7#1oz and 19" long.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Today Sophia got a pretty cool birthday present. She got to go with Jacob and me to my ultrasound this morning. I think she was a little confused, the "pictures" she saw weren't like any pictures she'd ever seen really. Jacob, as with the other three, couldn't see anything either though. She was almost as disappointed as me when the tech told her she was going to have another little sister. After it was over, Sophia went to the bathroom and I went in with her and just cried. I wanted a baby boy so bad. I know it's ridiculous, but I don't want another girl. I told Jake we'll just have to try again and he laughed at me. I know I will get over it and by the time she's here I will be happy to have her. It will take longer than today though. I didn't get any really good pictures of the baby either, but here is a little of what we did see.
Baby's profile

Baby's faceAnother face, with stomach this timeIt didn't scan well, but it's a little girl.

Last but not least, Some pictures that my littles drew for Mamaw and Papaw
Sophia, Alice, and Mamaw by Sophia"Have Fun, Love Sophia"Mamaw and Papaw on their trip by Simeon



No comments: