Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Splenectomy or no splenectomy... That is the question
Well, Jacob's platelet count was up into normal range yesterday. They said they may cancel the splenectomy. Which is good news I guess. It's just such an up and down emotional roller coaster. Plus if they have to do it eventually, we will be screwed. We wanted to do it before the end of the year so that we wouldn't have to pay for it. (We've already met the out of pocket maximum for the year.) If they hold off and it needs to be done in January we will be starting from scratch. It's hard to know what to wish for. I guess we will just pray that God do what He thinks should be... as though we could tell Him to do otherwise anyway.