Thursday, February 14, 2013

February Update

No updates since school started? I wonder why?

Oh yeah, I don't have time to breathe, let alone blog!

Holy crap, nursing school, how you sucketh.

Seriously.

Like, the first week this lady came in to talk to us and was all "Look around, these are the only people who know what you're going through, make friends with each other." Yep, she was right. I can't possibly make anyone out there understand the hell I am in right now.

All that being said, I love it. In a way. Ok. in a lot of ways.

I know. I am crazy. If you have read any other entries of this blog you already know that so carry on.

I have met some awesome people and thankful that I get to share the next 2 years with them. That lady was right, it is great to have a support system who knows right where you are, and you can support them right back.

Thus far nothing has been too difficult. Haven't failed anything (knock on wood), so that is a plus. Definitely feeling like my 3.8 GPA is in jeopardy, but as long I keep my scholarship and graduate, I am trying not to worry about it. There is a TON of busy work that we have to do. The syllabuses (syllabi?) are bigger than some text books I have had, but I am learning to navigate them. There is a lot of group work, and as much as I super duper hate group work, I somehow lucked out majorly! I have the best group for both classes. Maybe everyone feels that way about their groups, but anyone who knows how much I don't like people knows that this is huge for me.

We had to volunteer at a food bank for our nutrition class. My group went to Gleaners Food Bank here in Indy. Wow. What a place! I am making plans to go back after the semester and volunteer with Sophia. It is amazing the work they do and how efficient and organized it is. If you are local and looking for a place to volunteer, I highly suggest contacting Gleaners.

The kids are all doing great. Sophia didn't end up needing surgery quite yet. ENT is watching her hearing and letting the hole ride with the option of fixing it sometime or never. As long as we can remember the ear plugs this summer I am cool with not shelling out the $$ for surgery. We've been in norovirus hell off and on since Christmas break. Mostly my little runt, Luci. She has a double ear infection right now, hoping that is the last we see of sickness this winter. Jacob's job is a little sketchy right now, but he is actively looking for something else. He's been with this company pretty much ever since we've been married, the unknown in scary, but exciting too. He has an interview next week and we are praying it all works out in the end. So far all of my "resolutions" are holding up. Sophia and I are the only ones who are still exclusively GF, but I think that's okay for now. There are still times that I cheat, but it is less and less and I am feeling a lot better. Sophia is still having a lot of headaches, but I have a feeling she cheats more than me when I am not looking. :) My new goal is to be 30 pounds lighter by the end of the year, so we shall see how that goes.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. This year I gave up Facebook. The amount of time I spent on Facebook was a little embarrassing. So I have given it up for 40 days. I will admit it has already been hard and that is quite pathetic. Expect to see more from me here as I seek an online outlet until Easter.
(Also, I know this will automatically post to my FB account, so anyone who thinks I am cheating, I am not!)

I think that is all for now, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: