Thursday, August 9, 2012


It is my 10th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Holy crap. 

Now, I know I said I don't believe in all that "this one day is more special than all the rest" bologna, and that is still true, but holy crap. I have been married 10 freaking years.

The last couple weeks have been a whirl wind of emotions for me, for many different reasons, but this stands out on top. I have had the privilege of being married to my best friend for the last 10 years and I have a feeling it is only getting better from here. We have been through so much. So much. I cannot imagine where I would be without him, or what I would do without him.

I am so, so undeserving of his unconditional love and commitment to me and our children. I am so blessed and thankful to have someone who loves me for me. Who works hard every single day to give us things we need and never, ever complains. Who supports me and encourages me in all that I do. I am the luckiest person I know. I take it all for granted sometimes, and shame on me. I am blessed with this family I have been given. So, so blessed.

Becoming his wife was, without a doubt, the best decision I have ever made. Marriage is work. It takes patience and understanding, and lots of commitment, but if you choose the right person and you have all of those things, it never feels like you're working. I look forward to the next 10 years, and the next 10 after that, and the next 10 after that, and the next 10 after that...however long forever is.


No comments: