Monday, May 28, 2012

Gluten-Free Mini Brownies

When I found out I had to go gluten-free, the first thing I mourned was brownies. As a fat girl, brownies are my first true love. I tried Bob's Red Mill Brownie mix at the beginning of my new diet and it was pretty good. They weren't the greatest brownies ever, but they would work when I wanted brownies.

Today we grilled out for Memorial Day and I wanted brownies too. I didn't have a Bob's mix on hand, but I figured with the 800 flours I now have in my kitchen I could figure something out. I whipped these little bad boys up. So yummy! I used my new mini muffin pan to create little brownie bites! They are a perfect small dessert! Unless you eat 30 of them, of course.

Gluten-Free Brownie Bites

1 c. margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
3/4 c. Gluten-Free Bisquick mix
1/4 c. white rice flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp. xantan gum
1/2 tsp. salt

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and beat until blended.
3. In separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients until blended. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and blend until just combined. (Can add nuts if you'd like)
4. Line a mini-muffin tin with baking cups. Use a teaspoon to drop brownie batter into the cups about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove brownie bites and place on cooling rack.

No comments: