Thursday, May 5, 2011

Waiting patiently... or not so much.

New Blog post? Wha?!!?!

I have reached 38 weeks 3 days pregnant and I officially hate my body. Like many women I get to experience that lovely prodromal labor. For hours. And days. And weeks. Hopefully not weeks this time, but you get my drift. As I write this I am contracting sporadically. Let me tell you, the more children you've had, the more this so-called "false labor" hurts. Not like super painful, but enough that I would rather punch myself in the face than do this for another week. At my appointment yesterday I let her check me. Mostly out of curiosity since I had been having such regular labor like contractions all morning. I'm currently sitting at 4cm, and 50% effaced. If you don't know what that means, well, it actually doesn't mean much. I hesitate to want to tell people because then you get "Oh, you'll have that baby by the weekend" or "Not much longer now!" In reality, I could walk around 4cm dilated for days. Weeks even. I probably wont, but I could. It's still nice to know all this "practice" is doing something to help me along and maybe when she finally decides to make her appearance I will get another short hard labor despite her being posterior.

The timing on this pregnancy and birth is really starting to annoy me much more than I first thought also. I am supposed to graduate on Saturday afternoon. Sure it's a 2 year associates degree that took me 4 years to get. Sure it's a Community College and not that big a deal to most people. It's a big deal to me. I have worked my butt off for the last 4 years and I am incredibly proud that I was able to accomplish this with everything else going on in my life. My cap and gown are hanging in the dining room. The shoes I bought (on clearance-Score!) are upstairs in my closet, still in the box. I am sure my water will break on Saturday morning. That is my luck. If not, I won't be able to enjoy myself at the ceremony, worried every second that I am going to go into labor.

It almost, almost makes me understand those women who get the positive pregnancy test, calculate their due date, and then check the calendar for when they'd like to schedule their c-section. Almost.

Alright, now that I've complained enough-for now, I leave you with some visual enjoyment. Stuff I made for the baby over the last couple of weeks. It's all patiently waiting. Wondering when she's coming. Just like the rest of us.



2 dozen cloth diapersMy favorite 2 Prints10 Pairs PUL lined washable flannel nursing padsDiaper Liners
Cloth Wipes

No comments: