Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Alice!

Photobucket

May 24, 2007

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning with contractions.
Alice was born at home, in water a little after 10 that morning.

Photobucket
My midwife was already with another mother, so she called in back-up for me. Andrea was great!
Photobucket

7 lbs 12 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long


Photobucket

She didn't have a name until I was 38 weeks. Jake wanted to name her Cleo, after his great-aunt. I wanted to name her somthing with an 'S' like her siblings. We settled (I won) on Alice after I had heard the name on TV one night. I picked Joelle to follow suit with a 'J' middle name. Then she was born on Great-Aunt Cleo's birthday. Of course we had to give her the name after that. I couldn't give up the 'J' middle name though, so she became Alice Joelle Cleo! A lot of name for a little girl to handle, but I assure you she does just fine.

1st Christmas


Happy Birthday Alice Joelle Cleo!


No comments: