Wednesday, March 3, 2010

on me...

Well, I wasn't going to write or talk about this, but here I am. I'm not sure why, except this is the only place I can spew my brains when spewing is neccessary. I found a lump in my left breast about 2 weeks ago. I just attributed it to a clogged milk duct. Lucy had weaned not too long prior and it made perfect sense to me. and my brains. I massaged and did the warm compress for over a week. It didn't change. I just knew I was going to end up with an infection, mastitis, just in time for midterms. No time to be all flu-like, so I made an appointment with my doctor for some help, info and/or antibiotics just in case. Something. Not an ultrasound on my breast. She said it is definitely not a duct and the next step is to ultrasound it and see if we can tell what it is. I don't know what the step is after that, but I am hoping to not find out. I'm hoping that an irregularly shaped marble somehow managed to find it's way in there. somehow. I go Friday at 9am to Methodist. I'm not as nervous as I feel I should be and am taking that as a positive sign. Like intuitively I know it's nothing and so I am not going to worry that it is. I don't know. So anyway, there you go ladies and gentleman. As if my girls haven't been through enough, and they were finally getting some rest from being the forever milk machine. Poor girls.

No comments: