Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dragon Haircut

Simeon and I got our hair cut this afternoon. He wanted it cut, but needed it still to be long enough to be a "dragon" haircut. One time I spiked his hair into a mohawk and he thought it was pretty awesome. I totally see where he came up with dragon. It looks like a dragon's back when it is standing up spiky like that. He loves his dragon haircut.
(For the record, I did not receive a dragon cut. I just got a trim from a big burly guy that looked as though he should be changing the oil in my car rather than cutting my hair. I was scared to sit down, but he did a great job. Said he'd been cutting hair for 18 years! I love proof that you can't judge a book by it's cover.)We went to look at shoes afterward and he kept saying things like "mom, I can't sit back all the way or I will mess up my new dragon haircut." I accidentally brushed by his head: "MOM! You're messing up my new dragon haircut!" Geez, Sim. All that attitude, but isn't he cute!
He told me that my barbershop was beautiful. So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. If you ever doubted the decor of a Great Clips then you were mistaken. Simeon always says the funniest things. He also insists that he is four now because he is starting in the 4's class at daycare this week. He won't be four until the end of September, but refuses to believe so. He thinks just because he is going to Debbie's class that he is automatically four. I learned a long time ago there is no point in arguing with him. On a side note, I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ALMOST FOUR! I can remember the second my water broke like it happened yesterday. Cliche or no cliche, kids really do grow up way too fast. Look for a lengthy blog this Wednesday afternoon when we return from the first 1st day of Kindergarten in my life. I am excited, sad, and nervous all at the same time.

No comments: