Thursday, August 20, 2009

and the x-ray says...

It's a fractured 5th metatarsal. That's a break in the foot bone connected to the pinky toe for all you uneducated folks out there. :) I've said it before, but just once can we please have the flu? Am I asking too much. I've gone 25 years without breaking any bones. I can't believe that accomplishment has come to an end. The swelling has gone down considerably and I've been left with some beautiful blue and purple bruising. I painted my toe nails purple to match. No, I'm not kidding. I see the orthopedic doctor on Monday morning. At the ER he said sometimes this type of fracture requires surgery. I would say I doubt mine will, but then I'd have to have the flu so I guess we'll see. The good news is now we have met our out of pocket for the year and I'm going to visit every doctor I can think of just to say hi. Also, we're going to have to have a long serious talk about getting the big V in December. I'm also going to take Luci to see the pediatric infectious disease doctor. I thought we'd wait a couple months redo blood work and see where she was, but for free, we might as well do anything we can do now.

No comments: