Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where are the may flowers? All I see is more of the April showers...

We heard from the Oaks and Sophia will officially be attending next year. They offered us a generous amount of financial aid. I am so excited. Though it is a little bitter sweet. School this year hasn't really been a big deal because she is right down the hall from me. It just feels like she's at daycare with us. When she starts going to the Oaks it will be so surreal. I am going to take my baby and leave her in this big place with a bunch of strange people. It will be so hard at first. I guess we have all summer to think about it. I remember crying on the first day of Kindergarten because I didn't want my mom to leave. I hope I prepare her enough over the summer that she won't be scared. She's really excited about going, but I know once it's time to be left there it will be a different story. She may surprise me. Oh well, we have 3 months until it's a big deal anyway.

Sophia had her 6 month follow up with the ENT yesterday. He confirmed what we already knew. The hole is still in her right ear drum and the tube has already fallen out of the left. Since she has had the recent infections we are just keeping an eye on her right now. He is going to repeat her hearing test in August before school starts to see if she's having any more problems or if it's better. That way we have an idea before she goes into school.

Mother-Daughter banquet is tonight. I am not especially looking forward to it. Mostly because I am antisocial and I have had enough of people for this week. The things we do for our children. Sophia would not be happy with me if we did not go. Also, I don't want her to miss out on good experiences in life because I was too uncomfortable to do them with her. That's what my mom did to us and if it isn't plain to see, I want to be nothing like that woman. My kids didn't ask to be born to a mother with issues and I am sure not going to make them suffer for my insecurities. I only hope I can find soemthing to wear...

No comments: