Thursday, February 19, 2009

Who needs health AND happiness?


The last four weeks have flown right on by! Luci will be a month old next week. It doesn't even seem possible. Sometimes it feels like she just got here, and then sometimes it feels like she's been with us forever. It's funny how I already can't imagine life without her. She has been doing really well so far. She sleeps pretty good for an infant, and she's not too crabby when awake. Though it's unfortunate that I have to report she's caught the virus that Alice brought into our lives. Al had a fever day before yesterday and threw up, then she was very clingy and had diarrhea all yesterday. (fun!) This morning we woke up and Luci has a bit of a high temp. She feels warmer than the thermometer is reading. I don't think I have taken Sophia and Simeon's temperatures combined total as many times as I've taken Luci's today. They tell you to call the doctor if it reaches 100.4, Luci is only at 99.3 and so I am just watching her. She's eating well, and so far doesn't seem bothered too much. She's a little cranky, but not really anything too unusual for her. It's nerve racking. I didn't do anything to Al but comfort her. Luci has the same virus but since she's only 4 weeks old I am a freaking out mess. I guess new mom syndrome can hit even with your fourth baby.

Jacob went to the orthopedic doctor this morning. He had an MRI done last week and they found a cyst in his arm and so our doctor referred him to the ortho doc. They said that his pain wasn't cause by the cyst, it was nothing to worry about. It is odd to me that they can tell something is perfectly normal by taking an xray of it. I think I am just overly paranoid. Call me crazy but we are living proof of the rarities in life. The doctor wants him to do physical therapy 3 times a week for a month and that's supposed to strenghten his shoulder and make it all sparkling brand new I guess. He's dealt with this pain for years and now they think a little stretching of the muscle and weight lifting is going to make it all better? I'm not a doctor but it just doesn't seem right to me. I hope it helps, I really do. I just don't want to have to pay for this and then him end up having surgery to remove a cyst in a few months because this doctor is an idiot.

No comments: