Sunday, February 22, 2009

I should be doing my homework that is due by midnight tonight. But I am not. I have a test in one class that is due tomorrow. I should be reading and studying. But I am not. I am an admitted slacker. My other two classes are going to start soon. English and Math. Ugh. I should have taken the semester off... oops.

My young friend Noah starts chemotherapy tomorrow. I cannot stop thinking about this poor little boy. He is almost 4 and already dealing with life in ways that should not be imagined by a 4 year old. I can barely deal with life half the time and I've got twenty years on him.

I have to take Simeon to Riley this week to follow up with his endocrine doctor. They are repeating blood tests for the metabolism doctor also, so he will have a bundle of fun that visit. I now understand why they placed a McDonald's inside this hospital. Bribery.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

That is completely and totally why that McDonald's is there.

When Noah had his first CT scan there, they bribed him with a happy meal is he would lie still so they wouldn't have to sedate him. It worked. (They asked my permission first, just for the record. I said, "SURE! I bribe them all the time. And feed them junk!" lol j/k)

Did he have the tests? How did he do? How did they go?