Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm 37 weeks this week and I am so ready for Luci to join our family. I know it will probably still be a couple of weeks, but the end of the road is in sight. It's a bit scary, but also exciting. I worry about having all 4 of them. Alice is so high maintenance, I hope she transitions well to having a baby sister. I have been preparing the house slowly for her. I got out some clothes for her yesterday and put them in her drawers. We brought up the bassinet so I can wash the cover and sheets. The carseat is ready to go in the car. My bag is packed and ready to go. It's all starting to feel so final and as the heartburn kills me as I type, I can't wait for it to be over.
Sophia had her first soccer game this morning. She is on a team with 4 of her friends from church and school so it's a lot of fun. She really enjoyed herself and it was hysterical to watch them play. She did much better than we expected considering she's never played anything in her life.

Alice got her first haircut (finally!) I really only cut her bangs, but it counts right? I got tired of her hair always being in her face. Jacob didn't want me to cut it for a long time, but he finally gave in. She looks even more like Sophia now. I wonder if Luci will look like her sisters.
Before

DuringAfter

I finally got around to making the cover for my boppy last night. It turned out so well. I am very proud of it, especially the zipper. I love anything I can successfully make without a pattern. Sewing comes easy now, but these kinds of challenges keep me on my toes. I got this flannel the day after Thanksgiving a couple years ago. It's pink with kittens knitting socks. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it when I bought it, but I knew I had to have it. I think it makes an excellent boppy cover. I am tracing some patterns tomorrow for foot pants and long sleeved onsies. I love sewing for babies because it takes no time at all! I have been hoarding the perfect girl fabric too, so I am pretty excited about these clothes. I know I am a huge dork. So what. At least my baby will be the cutest in her mama made clothes, nursing on her pillow of knitting kittens. :)

No comments: