Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's been a while. I have had many an idea for a blog in my head, but never the time to sit and type it out. Hard to imagine right?

We've been getting things ready for Christmas around here. It's the first year to decorate the new house and so I had to figure out all the new places for stuff to go. I still don't have everything completely done, but pretty much and all the outside lights are up. We put our Christmas tree up on the coffee table so that Alice couldn't reach it. She's hardly tried, it's Simeon who I can't keep away from it. I have been trying to deeply clean the upstairs of our house. All of our bedrooms were hardly worth calling liveable. Things like sheets and random things that were still being used out of moving boxes are now all in their new and proper homes. It's only been 5 months, surely I wasn't supposed to be unpacked completely right?

The semester is almost over for me and I am so glad. I usually like going to school so much, but it has been a lot of work this year. Being there all night and finding time to study and do homework. It's just not been enjoyable because it's been 'just another thing I have to do.' I am doing really well in the two classes I stuck with. I gave up on physiology a while back. I did not have the time needed for that class. I hate not doing well, but at least I will know for when I retake it. I wish I didn't have to take another semester off, I feel like I am never going to be done with school. It will come though, I know that. Patience isn't one of my strong points.

I finally got to make Simeon's appointment with the pediatric endocrinologist. They had a cancellation and fit him in tomorrow afternoon. They didn't have an opening until end of January, so it works out great. I will be a water buffalo at the end of January and in no mood for specialty doctors poking my son and making him cry. I don't have any idea what they are going to do for him or what kinds of tests they will do. I know that it could be something, but I also know that it could be nothing at all, so I am not letting myself get too caught up in it until we have atleast some preliminary answers. We have had two major things that could have turned out a lot worse than they did, so I am just praying this will be like that. All I know is our insurance company probably knows us by name now.

No comments: