Friday, October 17, 2008

24 weeks

Had my 24 week prenatal visit today. So exciting. Nothing like rushing to get kids dropped off, fighting traffic, waiting 20 minutes past your appointment time, being seen for two seconds, fighting traffic back and picking up children. So pointless. Yep, you're still pregnant, see you in a month. Whoo-freaking-hoo. I have to do my GTT next visit. I do like that she just sent me home with the glucola. I can drink it here and just have a normal visit length, instead of waiting there for an hour to get my blood drawn. Also, this is my last monthly visit. Next time I go back it will be every two weeks. By my first thoughts you can tell how exciting that will be for me. It's just crazy. It seems like this has flown by and going to the OB all the time only makes that worse. Oh well. I am actually starting to look forward to this baby physically being here. Although, we have so much to do before she comes, so it's good that it will still be a while.

1 comment:

Hubs said...

I agree about the routine appts. If I still feel normal movement and don't feel nasty (like blood pressure issues) then why do I have to go. I am weekly. I almost cancelled this week because I didn't feel like dragging the girls just to confirm that the baby (who moves constantly) still has a beating heart. Last week I waited an hour and a half - I wanted to cry. This week I was in and out in 10 minutes. Only a couple more of these...