Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another sucessful surgery

Just thought I would update that Sophia's surgery went fine, as we knew it most likely would. It's never easy watching your baby as someone carries them away crying. She did much better than I thought she would though, she was very brave. She was in a little pain the first day and by the end of the night she was doing really well. She only got pain medicine once after coming home, and tylenol once. She hasn't had anything since Friday night and is pretty much her old self again. I just hope that it works and we don't have to do this again. If her right side hole doesn't close then they will have to go back in and fix it. At first he made it sound like this might happen, but on Friday he seemed more like that's what will happen once she out grows the need for tubes. He didn't seem as confident that it would close on it's own. Who knows? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

1 comment:

Mike and Lisa Bowling said...

Hey wait! I didn't know that Sophia had her surgery! guess thats what I get for being so far away. I'm glad everything went okay, give her a big hug and tell her how much we love her. I will try to call this afternoon. (monday)