Friday, January 25, 2008

Round two?

So three or four days ago Jacob notices this knot under his arm, up near his armpit area. He's says to me, "feel this." So I do. It feels like a lump to me. It feels like a lump to him. It hurts him when I touch it. I can't tell how big it is, maybe like marble sized. I tell him he's definitely got to call the doctor in the morning. I spent years of health class lectures on lumps in breast tissue and now know that it doesn't only affect women. I think it is a lymph node, but am confused since he's not been sick or anything really. We decide that calling his oncologist is the best option since she's more familiar with his case of ITP and splenectomy, blah blah blah. He calls on Thursday and Dr. Morgan wants to see him right away. So we went to the oncologist at 8:30 this morning. She palpitates around and notices the knot. She feels other nodes in his neck and says that they are a little swollen too. She says she is not overly concerned and then one breath later says that she is going to refer Jacob to a surgeon at Community North to have the node removed and biopsied. He had bloodwork done before we left and his platelet count was 206, down almost 100,000 in just 5 days. I don't know if that kind of fluctuation is normal.

This is not happening. Jacob is one week away from being off of steroids all together. His platelets were doing well, and he was getting back to normal. He's already lost almost 30 pounds. Now this. Please pray that I will have the strength to trust in the Lord. That I will trust in Him with my whole heart. There has been so much on my mind and my heart lately and I feel like I am being tested. The situation with my parents and my family living here, now more health problems just when things were looking up. I don't know what to think. I just need to pray for the ability to let go and trust in God. I can say that. I can type it out for all to read, but I really need to learn consciously how to follow what I know to be true.

ETA Jacob's appointment with the Surgeon is Monday afternoon. I will update when we know anything else at all. The biopsy will take at least 2-3 days after they actually do the procedure.

No comments: