Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to do laundry I go...

Jacob had his platelets counted yesterday. They were at 305,000. Whoo hoo! He is down to 5mg of steroids every other day, and after two weeks he will be off of them completely. So far it seems that the surgery has worked though. I am so happy and thankful. I am ready for this all to be a distant memory for us.

We got snow last night and I have to say I am not pleased. I hate snow and I hate going out into the snow. I hope we don't have to go anywhere today and maybe it will melt a lot before church dinner tomorrow night.

Alice is finally getting her first tooth. She will be eight months old on the 24th. It still hasn't broken the gum, but you can feel it. She has been so cranky the last couple of days and had a little bit of a fever. I feel so bad for her. Neither of the other kids had any trouble with their teeth coming in. Sophia had her first tooth at 4 months old and Simeon at 6 I believe. I don't know why the third child has to be the most difficult in all aspects of life. She is very clingy and only wants me and only wants to nurse. Well after 35 nursing sessions a day the boobs are a little tired and need to catch up. I felt like dieting was hindering my milk a bit, but I think it's because she's gone back to eating every two hours like she was born yesterday. I was ready to throw her out the window last night. She cried and cried and cried. She wouldn't eat and she wouldn't let me hold her or rock her or pat her or anything. I finally had to just lay her down and leave her in the bed to cry herself to sleep. It broke my heart for the first 10 minutes, then I was worried that something was really wrong with her, then I wanted to stranggle her. What a range of emotions. Luckily when she woke back up at two, she was much easier to get back to sleep. I hope to not have to repeat that experience ever. She seems normal so far today, but I know as soon as I try to walk past her in the swing she will cry for me. I have a feeling I will be cleaning the house and doing school with a baby in a sling today.

Well I have a ton of laundry to do today...

2 comments:

Hubs said...

Come on - you can't say that stuff out loud can you ;) I am ashamed to admit that I often commisserate your feelings of frustration and exasperation. I can't imagine what kind of mother I would be with my husband and supportive family and friends - it's hard. Hmm... I forgot what else I was going to say. Oh well - see you tonight.

Hubs said...

I meant "without" my husband